The latest in small scale / low impact timber extraction. The Kinetic is 8 wheel drive with a 26hp diesel engine and mechanical gearbox with 3F X 1 R gears driving a ‘Vario’ transmission drive to the front and rear axles where the drive splits to each wheel through individual chain drives within the rocking axle frame just like a full size forwarder.
|Maximum load (kg)
|Engine (Yanmar diesel)
|Weight (kg) without crane
|Crane reach (m)
|Crane Weight (kg)
The Kinetic has been designed as a serious, high output, professional machine for low impact work by forestry owners and contractors. To realise the benefits of the Kinetic you need to appreciate the advantages it offers:
Advantages over similar forwarder machines on the market are:
- Yanmar 26hp 3 cylinder Diesel engine. Smooth and quite, low fuel costs and longevity.
- Four post drivers safety frame with canopy and all round work lights. Optional front / rear windscreen.
- Mechanical gearbox with four forward and one reverse driving a 'Vario' transmission for clutch-less drive from stationary to full speed in each gear.
- Full control of steering and forward / reverse drive whilst seated in the crane operating position.
- Eight wheel drive with mechanical drive to each of eight wheels giving true eight wheel traction. Some machines use a hydraulic 'drive cage' that drops down between the rear wheels in the same way as simple drive systems on forwarding trailers. This method acts only as 'assisted drive' as a hydraulic motor is limited by hydraulic pressure and flow and cannot provide the same level of drive as a mechanical drive. Cage wheel drive increases tyres wear and can slip when the tyre is wet and greasy. A cage wheel drive does not work when you have a flat tyre!
- Eight wheels on four oscillating axle pivots keep the wheels in contact with the ground for optimum traction and stability over uneven terrain. This also gives the operator a far smother ride, reducing operator fatigue.
- Low cost 300 wide tyres with high ply rating. Affordable to replace at around £95 each or £150 each for the upgrade 300/65-12 forestry type tyre. Some similar machines have single front wheels with larger expensive tyres fitted.
- Band track option. 8 equal size wheels means you can fit four band tracks for a super low footprint. Some similar machines have single front wheels and four rear wheels meaning you can only fit band tracks on the rear wheels.
- Hydraulic extending load area allows you to optimise the bunk area to suit for the timber length being loaded.
- Easy transporting by trailer. The overall weight (around 2100Kg) and compact dimensions with hydraulic extending load area means the Kinetic is easy to transport on a 14ft trailer behind vehicles with a towing capacity of as little as 2700Kg.
Advantages over a small tractor and forwarding trailer / crane combination:
- Easy transport on a single trailer, the Kinetic will fit on a 14ft flatbed trailer.
- Increased output due to greater operator comfort and ease of driving and crane operation.
- Lower impact due to articulated steering, eight wheel drive and band track option.
- Far better traction due to eight wheel drive through four oscillating axles.
- Better ground clearance, climbing and manoeuvrability.